RE: [Chrysler300] 300 F axle ratios.

I like this post, Alan!! Right on.

I still want a 12.9  second F. They did that in 62 with HRM 62 300 special ,
12.9 I think; ran 4:56 gear, about 290 cam. Ray Brock. Would have won whole
thing in summer 62 Nationals, but driver was asleep at the light .Pontiac
won with slower ET, in 13's .  Domination of first aluminum 727 was
absolute.. loved it ; beat GM 425 409 4 spd times. 62 trans had real
kickdown indent too. It went DOWN when YOU wanted, not when it wanted. Nice
chirp!  Guy who brought us part throttle 727 down shifts ought to be shot.

I am working on that 12.9 F. Above proves it possible.

Remember 454 Chevelles stock are really 15 sec cars. Among  fastest "stock "
cars at that "all stock " meet are Stude larks with 4 spd 289 stude R series
engine (about 12.9) ,and stage Buicks, ~1970. I had 440 challenger new in
70, a certain Buick with that feared front fender emblem would always put a
length on me off the line,  then I'd hang back even with him. You cannot
catch that switch pitch converter / turbo 400 they have, off the line,
combined with 455 cu in torque . I think they ran 3;42 gears. Converter goes
loose when you floor it then blades change angle , it tightens up..great
idea. (rooted in Dynaflow, for the cynics!) .

There are, er, disturbing pictures, of Larks murdering Mopar Hemi's and 440
six packs at that pure stock meet. Stude 4 spd driven by Ted Harbit, their
George! (Plain Brown Wrapper--- brown one---and Stewed Tomato---red one
).They get a big Oh No from Mopar guys in hot hemi's . Studes act like 340
triples.

You have a point though,  when a V6 Camry beats you..especially a silver
one.

Sticking with my 3;18 F axle ,ghost or not, due to thinking like this post.
It is what it is, it is not a new Vette. Or Hellcat.

But something else will come!