Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300H idle speed

Thanks Keith for your input. I am not at all convinced I have all the vacuum leaks identified and fixed. I reused  my existing base flanges gaskets with sealant added but ordered a new set of gaskets. I need a new phenolic spacer but have been unable to find one yet on line. I am also concerned that it may be the intake manifold to block leaking. Meanwhile, the starter began to fail so I have to replace it. My plan now is to ship the dis back to Philbin and ask Mark to check it for stability because the timing does move around a bit and I should have realized that would cause the hunting. I need to do that to scratch it off my list if nothing else.  I have also ordered a new set of ignition cables, and I do not think its those either.

If I have to take the intake manifold off, this is probably the time to replace the camshaft with the  stock camshaft (-although as I write that I ask myself “What does that disassembly have to do with replacing the camshaft?”-probably very little as the tasks are pretty much unrelated I think).
Best, Mike Moore
300H Morgan Hill, Ca