Re: [Chrysler300] Removing rear axles, 300H

Stick a drum back on, put the nut on loose, and use the drum as a slide hammer. The backing plate has to come off first.
Don

Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:32 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Removing rear axles, 300H

Can anyone suggest what tool to best use to remove the rear axles of this car once the rear hubs are off?
The factory manual suggests Chrysler tool C-319.
I am looking at slide hammers and how best to adapt to the 5/8-18 threads of the end of the axle
I have also read of using a pair of pry bars (?)

Thanks, Mike Moore
300H

Posted by: <dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx>