Re: [Chrysler300] Grundy Insurance

Tom,
I have Hagerty Insurance. I had an accident (one car rolled into another) which bent the RF fender on the 64 E Type I was restoring. I reported to Hagerty,  and asked that the same restoration shop do the work. Hagerty agreed  and asked me to get an estimate. I explained to my shop that the outer light glass cover (64 E Type, inner structure etc. all had to be removed and the inside (which would then be exposed) had to be as well finished as it was before and the new wiring harness had to be masked off as well as the horns etc. The shop provided an (expensive)  quotation which I faxed to Hagerty.

 The next day, the shop called saying an adjuster was disallowing a lot of that work as being unnecessary. I called Hagerty and  explained to my (same all the time)  contact,  said she would take care of it and not to worry.

 She called me back again and said (1.) The adjuster was an independent guy they would no longer use. (2.) The shop was proceeding. (3.) They were very sorry and this was not supposed to happen.

I was impressed that  they were ok with doing the job right, not the cheapest way.

(I have always suspected that independent guy was trying to shake down the shop). I am happy to pay my Hagerty premium because I have confidence that I have the kind of insurance I really need.

Mike Moore
300H