Re: [Chrysler300] 1961G convert?

The times they are a changing, as the song goes.  European cars of the 70's, 80's, even 90's are hot.  Micro cars are hot.  50's and 60's cars are starting to move towards the values of 30's and 40's cars.  Just need to deal with it.  Muscle cars of late 60's are hanging in there, but more and more if you see a high dollar car from the 50's or early 60's it's been resto modded for comfort and convenience of today's collector.  Those $195K and $205K G convertibles from B-J were over a decade ago.  If you're into this because you really like the cars you have, it shouldn't bother you too much (you can buy more of them now).  If you're in it to buy low and sell high, you missed the window and should maybe trying to guess what will take off in the next 5 to 10 years and get one of those instead?  Maybe 1996 Viper GTS?  First offerings of SRT-8 Magnum?  Hellcat? etc.  Not much from the 80's in the Mopar stable to compete with GNX from Buick or SHO from Ford.  1991 Spirit ES turbo 5 speed doesn't do it for me, either.
Wish I had hung on to one of my Jensen Interceptors or Citroen Maseratis as I could flip them now for almost 10x what I paid for them, but those have only recently shot up in value along with interest in 70's European sports cars.  It's always best to buy what you like the most, then you can't ever feel 'stuck' with it.  I paid what I thought at the time was a pretty high price for my G convertible, but if it goes up to $200K and then back down to under $30K, it doesn't really matter to me.  What does matter is that I always wanted one and after almost 20 years of looking from the early 80's to the late 90's I finally found one that fit my wants and budget.  As I near retirement, I may send the 57 and Hurst down the road to simplify life a bit (and maybe get a Hellcat or SRT-8 Magnum to eventually leave to the kids), but I'll always have the G vertible.  When I say the words "Crossrams, fins, and the top goes down"  I can still get the hairs on my forearms to stand up on end!  I'll close with another cliche- 'There's a fanny for every seat'.  I guess you just have to hope you find a rich fanny who really likes your particular car when find it is time to sell. ;-)