[Chrysler300] Windshield Wiper Woes

I have an non-working 6V windshield wiper motor that fits a 55 Chrysler and Desoto. The motor is out of the car and on my bench.There is apparenly a short in the motor. When I use a circuit tester between the housing and the (positive) ground, it lights. Which means that the 'hot' side touching the case. Is the end of the armature supposed to contact the 'end head' as the book calls it ? Are the field windings part of the return to ground, with the armature spinning inside, but not touching it ? Has anyone successfully rebuilt one of these ? Also, I have three of these motors, all identical 6V motors. They all have the same problem.

Ron

Posted by: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>