Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:53 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] air filter for 1962 300 Sports Convertible

Hello 300 Group,

Last year I imported a 1962 Chrysler 300 sports convertible from California (black plate car) to Germany, Europe and this I my first message.

The car has a 383 engine with a single 4-barrel carburettor and a single air filter in the supposed to be original (?) black round housing.

The car runs and has a very good substance but will be restored over the years.

Concerning the air filter I have unexpected problems, because the German MOPAR-Shop told me there is only NOS and the costs would be 80$ something which is pretty high for a normal wear part.

The filter has a diameter of ~10 inches (25,3cm) and is approx.2,7 inches (6,8cm) high.

Guys, where do you get your filters from? I know there are several 62 non-letter-cars out there!

Maybe there is also a correct spare part from another American car company (Chevy, Ford, Pontiac…)

If some of the European members are reading this: a source of supply in Europe would be highly welcome (to avoid toll fees and comparatively high transport costs).

If anyone needs pictures I could send them.

Thanks for your help,

Kai

Dr. Kai Rentmeister

Tierarzt, DiplECVN