Re: [Chrysler300] Advice on engine repair

Re: [Chrysler300] Advice on engine repair

Regarding paint, and even allowing for lower $cdn, I ran about $19k after sheet metal work mostly done and undercoat mostly scraped off. I elected to paint the underside as well, as per factory, plus fender skirts I may not put back on, plus red colour which is more expensive. Job is very high quality, so to some degree one gets what one pays for. Ended up about 15% more than expected, but I would tend to agree one runs into unexpected things with these old cars. sheet metal work was also more extensive than expected after undercoat was stripped off. pin holes not noticed , few other things. Engine work in this post sounds a bit on high side, but I haven't an exact breakout of my engine work as it was part of the whole deal and we still have a little bit to go,
Days of $5k paint jobs long gone

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM, paul paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/27/16 19:20, Shannon LabLoverDC@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

> Hi Ron,

> Incidentally, out of curiosity I asked him what the warranty was. He
> said, "lifetime." I chuckled, but he said he was positive we would
> never have a problem with that motor, but if we did, just bring it back
> and he would take care of it. He asked if we wanted something in
> writing, but I said I would prefer his word, and we shook on that as
> well. As I said, we're sort of old school, and I believe if we should
> have a problem, when! ever, he would make it right.

> Shannon

Ok, DID you ask him about his suggested earl to use once its all
broke in and ready for its 'everyday' earl??

Paul Holmgren
The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and
Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.

Posted by: Lindsey Fuller <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>