Re: [Chrysler300] Power steering control valve 300H

Re: [Chrysler300] Power steering control valve 300H

Does 300h have that hinge type power steering pump mount like an F ? That is a poor design the pump tilts and belt is not square on pulley .then it slips .  If any grease on pulley it can slip without a squeal . I fought that years ago .. Got rid of it with a solid bolt through the hinge and a pipe like spacer . Forget the the details but you can figure out . I remember finding a shoulder bolt bigger than pin and drilling the holes out to get pump to sit square to crank pulley . It bounces around on pin and wears the holes egg shape tilting the pump . Then after fixing that , clamp pump solid like God intended , no hinge action tighten belt . Tighten bolt like an alternator . After changing all the stuff cannot be box or pump .. Why only at idle ? Sounds like belt is not driving pump .. All along . Troubles with the hinged one are common . If not hinged on H all this is irrelevant ! Hope it helps ..

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 30, 2016, at 9:12 PM, Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I am finally getting my 300H back on the road-it runs great and stops great.
> But, at low speeds while maneuvering (parallel parking, turning ) at slow speed, it looses all boost in the steering
> and becomes really hard to turn.
>
> I talked with the great mechanic I work with about it (he experienced this also). Smitty suggested it was the power steering box control valve.  We discussed the steering box which was rebuilt in 2011, but less that 50 miles ago. He suggested I remove the box and he can get it rebuilt again, but we also put a bottle of conditioner in which may clear it up.
> I had this happen many years ago and the Chrysler agency on Melbourne Florida put an additive in and it solved the problem.
>
> Can someone please explain the physics of what’s going on here? (I suspect something is getting gummy.)
>
> I have replaced the power steering pump twice because of this, and have replaced both hoses and the belt, so the only thing left is the steering box.
>
> Thanks, MIke Moore

> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>
> For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
>
> Yahoo Groups Links