Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 Chrysler 300F Alaskan White Paint Information

Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 Chrysler 300F Alaskan White Paint Information

Hi:

I painted my F with PPG Alaskan White and it came out looking exactly like the original.  I was fortunate that the original owner had stored the car in a darkened garage for 28 years before I purchased it.  He had only driven it for 6 years and the original paint looked awfully good after a light sanding.  I was tempted to leave it alone.  You can see pictures of the original washed and waxed paint in the article about the car in the "Stories" section of the club's web site.  Won first place in my class at Phoenix, Chrysler 300 Club show, in January, 1996, a little over 3 months after I took delivery.  There is also a picture of it on the trailer just after it was taken out of the garage.

The car is now repainted.  All it took was a few scars knocked out, sanding of the entire car, applying primer, sanding, then painting and color sanding.  Total cost for all of this ... $600!

Good luck.

Dan Reitz
Bell Canyon, CA