From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Kuegel jwkco@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 8:25 AM
To: David Schwandt; 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]; 'John Grady'; 'William Leahy'
Cc: 'Rob Kern'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Smooth as Silk drive shaft : )

I did this to my F about 6 years ago and it is a a nice performance/lower maintenance/ reliability improvement...it cost more than your job recently, as I sourced a donor shaft from a '60 NY'er. I didn't want to cut up my original stock shaft...as I recall, the donor shaft was a little hard to find because there were 2 different diameter drive shafts on the cars depending on the model. It was the larger diameter one that I used and was almost identical in appearance to mine from the F. The shop that did it is in Georgia near Atlanta, I think it was...I can find out for anyone who is interested. This shop has done many of these conversions for lots of Forward Look folks. I got the contact info from the Plymouth Club bulletin as I recall. All I needed to provide the shop with was the length in inches of my original shaft, the year and model of my car, and then send them the donor shaft. I keep my original shaft in the packaging that they sent the converted one back to me and it's in the trunk! (and it's ready to go as a spare if I ever need it)

John Kuegel

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM, 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]

<Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would not say poor design. Outdated maybe, but not poor.

After all, it was around for many millions of miles.

Just needed regular maintenance, like everything else mechanical.