Re: [Chrysler300] Smooth as Silk

On 04/08/16 22:47, 'Rob Kern' robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

> Hello 300’ly to all!
>      I just replaced the front ball and trunion u-joint assembly on my C
> with the upgrade of the slip assembly more modern front u-joint and I
> must say that I could not be more pleased.  The car runs as smooth as
> silk and is quieter.  It almost feels like the vehicle is at peace with
> itself!  I had tremors develop between 30 and 40 mph upon easy
> acceleration and again when accelerating above 60mph.  The front U-joint
> had 1/16th  inch play.   The grease retention boot was replaced a month
> ago when discovered that it left the party who knows how long ago.   The
> new u-joint was installed to the front of the driveshaft which was
> balanced with the rear u-joint in place and then installed. Precision
> Drive Shaft in Oklahoma City did all the work and obtained all the parts
> .  3 day turn around time. $298.00.  Many thanks to Club members Mike
> Burke, George McKovich, Larry Jett, Murray Park and Jeff Carter for
> discussing the upgrade and helping me decide to go this route!

> Posted by: "Rob Kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, Question

Seems I recall (dredging up from deep in the archives of Yee Ol brain)
that one had to 'phase' the drive shaft install. With a drive-shaft
with a ujoint on both ends it was possible (maybe like 50% chance) of
getting the drive-shaft 'out of phase'. As simple as it seems putting
the thing in place, you still had a chance of making it work, just not
as well as it could. If this is the case, would this be a similar
problem with the B&T setup??

And secondly, if you happened to get it in but 'wrong' would that be
felt in driveline oscillation? Possibly mannyfeasted as a little clunky
at certian speed ranges??

--
Paul Holmgren
Freedom is fragile and must be protected. To sacrifice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)