Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] survey for owners of C, D, E

Some comments on this subject.  Years ago at the 300 Inc.'s meet in Sacramento Eric and Belva Baltzar arrived in their 300C convertible with the hood in the back seat.  Seems the hood release didn't hold and the hood came up at highway speeds, hit the top of the windshield frame bending it and continuing on to their heads sending both of them to the hospital.  Every time I get in our 300C and take a drive I'm always thinking about that.

At the Golden, Colorado meet club member Tom Gerrard, brought his 300C convertible, Serial # 3N571001.  I spent a good amount of time reviewing this car and documenting the many differences on this example vs what followed.  One of the more notable items were the dual hood latches and the center pin locator.  This system was actuated via a handle inside the car.

I thought this set up was much more "road worthy" than what followed but suspect that due to production cost (the bean counters) a less costly way was taken.  I've reviewed the photos I have in my files to verify my memory and would be happy to share them but can't via the club's server.

John Lazenby