[Chrysler300] You Cars Tranny Fluids

Hi all,

Don't know if this thread has already been done or not don't see anything so...  If these answers are there we apologize, please send us the archived location(s).  Thanks.

1.  Is it correct that type F and Dextron are pretty much the same tranny fluid except the Type F has a slightly higher friction coefficient?  There is no problem with mixing them?

2.  We can use any of todays tranny fluids that replace dextron and or Mercon where either was called for in the original owners manual.?  We happen to have an F with cast iron torqueflite.

3.  But what about synthetics vs. Dino tranny fluids?  Should one use 100% synthetics?  Can you mix them with Dino. oil too?

4.  Also today's tranny fluids, for example Valvoline Dex/Merc lists use in certain Fords, GM and foreign cars but doesn't list Chrysler as a use for it but they mean the newer Chryslers right?

Have a few old quarts of leftover type F from somewhere and will use them over time to keep topping off the F's tranny if I can use them for this.

Thanks in advance for any responses.  We appreciate your time and thoughts.

A&G

Posted by: "Allan" <agmoon@xxxxxxxxx>