From: "'John L. Chesnutt' chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Bob Merritt' <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:04 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] survey for owners of C, D, E -Hood Latch

Hi Bob,
I sent you a picture of the hood latch on our 1957 300C from Arlys’ cell phone. Hope you got the picture. Our car is 3N571325. It appears to be style 1.
If you would like a larger picture, I have one.

According to John Lazenby, the hood lathe on Erik and Belva Balzar’s 300C convertible broke on the way to the 300 Club meet in Carson City, Nevada, July 1986. I remember seeing Erik and Belva arrive in their 300C with the hood in the back seat, a rip in the top and the windshield smashed. Erik’s head was bandaged so you could hardly recognize him. I do not know if the nut on the top of prong was missing or the bolts gave up. I too often think about this when in our 300C.

John