RE: [Chrysler300] 300 H master cylinder source
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Chrysler300] 300 H master cylinder source

Pretty common item for many years across the Mopar line.  Chrysler part No. 2275519.  Any good parts store should have these at about $60.  Dunno how to be sure to get a good one made in USA.  Brand name?  Some catalogs may have a line for a highly unlikely 300H with rams.  That might be different.  With the inline dual quads the MC should be the same as for other Chryslers.  The ’62 Parts Manual is not clear cut (to my tired old eyes, anyway) :  Manual page 5-13-Web page 19.  Group 5-39-3.


Repeating further guidance on an MC for a J or K ram car:  The MC and mounting plate are the same as for non-power-brake cars with the exception that they have no “check valve” in the outlet.  This enables more fluid to return to the reservoir from the remote boosted slave cylinder mounted in the left fender well.  Otherwise, the small hydraulic pressure retained on the system by the “check valve” will result in brakes dragging, smoke, fire and disaster.


Readers are reminded of the referenced website to view Parts and Service Manuals for all Letter Cars.  Plus, Honest John’s Virtual Used 300 Lot and many other goodies.


Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA


From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RWestra@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:01 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300 H master cylinder source



Anyone know of a source for a Master Cylinder for a 300 H?




                                                                                Rolland Westra


Posted by: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx>

To send a message to this group, send an email to:

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network Archive Sitemap