Re: [Chrysler300] Possible Reproduction for 1957 Chrysler's

Josh,
    This project is a great idea!  I think everything you mentioned is spot on.  These pieces are very difficult to find without scratches or dents, or being bent or unable to fit due to metal fatigue and broken tines to secure on the panel.  I have received many requests over the years for sources for good condition pieces.  Trying to refurbish the pattern is virtually impossible without polishing it smooth. I would be very surprised if there would be any unclaimed pairs of these panels when you launch the project.  Sign me up for a pair now.  99 left...get a pair while you can!  Thanks!  300’ly, Rob Kern

Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 12:17 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Possible Reproduction for 1957 Chrysler's

Hello Everyone,

Recently I posted this question on the Forward Look forum and had a good response to it.  So now I am posing it to the group that would probably have the best input and opinion on the subject.

I am currently looking at reproducing the aluminum panel found on the door panel, behind the door handle, on the 1957 Chrysler 300 and New Yorker.  First off, I want to make extra sure that nobody is currently working on this project.  If you or someone you know is working on this, please let me know.  Secondly, what do you all feel the demand would be for these panels?  Would 100 pairs seem like enough or not enough?  I have hopes of being able to tool and produce 100 pairs and sell them for around $175 a pair.  If anyone has opinions or information they would like to share on the subject, please let me know.

I greatly appreciate everyone's help and cooperation on this project.

Thank you,
Josh Mishler

Posted by: "Rob Kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>