Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission cooling line failure inside radiator

Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission cooling line failure inside radiator

I had the same thing happen to my 57C.  I had the radiator re-cored with new oil cooler.  I eventually had the transmission rebuilt.
A person I trust in the business said that the oil in the cooling system was not as bad as the water in the transmission system.
He said it might only be a matter of time before the friction material inside the transmission would give up the ghost having been contaminated with water.  They're made to run in transmission oil, not water.  He said that the bonding agent holding the friction material in place was water soluable, and that the contamination would lead to eventual separation (or not, depending on how bad).