Re: [Chrysler300] PAINT

Radiator Support / behind grille: 68 Sport Satellite Silver (original in 1968), 67 New Yorker Dark Red (original), 67 300 Gold (original), 71 Charger Bright Red and 71 Charger Gunmetal Grey - all same as body except 67 Newport black but so is whole engine compartment. Cant help with anything before 1967.

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985
On 6/15/2016 7:38 AM, Guy Desmarteau guybirtz863@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

Rad support on our 57 300 Gaugin Red, was never painted, but on our 58 Imperial Champagne Gold, was painted by spray, not brushed.  Also my 70 Duster 340 Blue, was painted by spray, and all those cars had full wheel wells undercoated.

Guy Desmarteau
Montreal, Canada

Rad supports on my two '65 300's were never painted. One silver car, one gold. Perhaps things changed by '65.....or the worker who performed that task was away when my cars came down the line.

Ryan Hill

To: ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: reomotorsports1@xxxxxx; clafong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; luckyl46@xxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:29:27 -0400

Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] PAINT

I'm talking letter cars, specifically my 61G.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Ryan Hill <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are we talking about early Chryslers? You mentioned a '71 Charger.... While I agree it does look nicer not seeing the paint shining through from behind the grille, I have owned many C and B body Mopars over the years, none of which were black or blue. None of them had the rad support painted black, ever. Two are original U.S. manufactured (California) cars, the rest were manufactured in Canada. Could this be an Eastern thing? Maybe the paint was actually 'rust proofing'?

All my cars have had full rubberized undercoat including wheel wells of course.

Ryan Hill

CC: clafong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; LUCKYL46@xxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx