[Chrysler300] Leno's Garage 300G

All,

Thank you so very much for all the kind words posted in response to the YouTube video with Jay Leno. I am very happy my efforts were productive and that I was able to represent our cars, clubs and mission in a way that reflected the combined love of our cars and the history behind them.  I had been in contact with Jay since fall of 2014 about 300s, specifically a G, when he contacted me about two different cars he was considering buying.  We seemed to hit it off pretty well and he invited me to come down and see his shop, so last December I did just that.  At that time his G needed some work, and he asked if I would be interested in doing a video at some point on it when it was ready.

When he called me about two weeks ago and asked me if I could down on Wednesday (last week), I was not expecting the call, but immediately agreed and knew I would be spending my July 4th weekend brushing up on 300 history.

I've been a member of both clubs since about 1979, and have kept all the newsletters.  I started going through them as well as internet and book sources of information. John Lazenby, Wayne Graefen, Andy Mikonis, Allan & Gloria Moon helped out too.  A huge thank you goes out to Burt Bouwkamp for his excellent article on the Allpar site. Burt filled in many details, year by year of 300 racing history, he was there!

The success of the video in sharing the 300 story is directly due to the efforts put forth by our founding club members, and those along the way that had the foresight to collect and compile the historical data over the years.  It is those folks that deserve the recognition!

300ly,

Bob Jasinski

Danville CA.

300G convert owned since 1/5/1978