While on all this , in my 300,s one we had to make that pan as we had a rust free new floor pan from  59 desoto lwb 4dr  without it . But at the same time I have found 300 seats do not go far enough back from steering  wheel for me , so have been moving seat tracks back maybe 2" . That can impact that recess location etc . Something to be aware of .
Related , over stuffing the seat by upholstery guy will raise you up enough that the space to wheel bottom gets tight . Maybe why they did this pan . Maybe non 300 pwr seats are lower ? ( due to leather supplier of seats ?) for some reason for sure it is an afterthought . So measure height of stock seat tell upholstery guy that . There is enough leather in Gary's kits to make it too high . You find out when you get in the first time .

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2016, at 7:37 PM, christopher thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With a lot of things still going on over here re any free time, most times I do not get to read any/many of Club's posts, but saw this re power seats in '57 300Cs,

yes they require quite a deep rectangular recess - and it is way deeper at rear than the front - sort of like ski ramp slope - it goes from maybe only inch deep at front, to near from memory  maybe 4 inches deep at the back. And Dave is right, the brackets underneath that tie it into the outer rocker/sills, are different.

Plus there is a special black plastic moulded cover that sits in it before you lower seat - Goers may do them I think.

And of course you need power source for it - that runs/hidden under the carpet about where the binded join in the front and rear carpet pieces overlap. And final last bit - boy the whole power seat frame/assembly weighs a ton more than the non power seat. And the chrome diecast 3 way switch that sits on side of the seat is hard to find unpitted nowadays, and can bring high prices on ebay if more than one wants it - pitted ones go cheap though, but the detail on them may make replating dear/hard.

Christopher in Australia - winter over here now, but it normal sort of winter so far, gas prices hover around bit below $5 for US size gallon when on lowest part of weekly discount cycle

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, 23 July 2016 2:16 AM
To: 'Ron Waters'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Seat for a 1960

Several years back I made a batch of power seat pans and the reinforcements for them

They are for the 57-58’s

One needs to cut the spot welds from the flat OEM floor pan and the P/S pan will drop in the hole

You also need to fabricate 2 different supports from rocker panel to floor pan mounts for each side as well

I still have a few unbent blanks left.

I did this to our 300-C before the new ¼’s were installed.

Somewhere I have pictures of this install.

If any one is interested, I can scan them and send them, that is if I can figure out how to do this on windows 10

IT SUCKS!!

Dave Schwandt

Dave Schwandt