[Chrysler300] Correct color INSIDE white convertible top, 300C

[Chrysler300] Correct color INSIDE white convertible top, 300C

Hello All --

I need to replace the age-shrunken convertible top on my late father's
1957 Chrysler 300C, nearing the end of a three-year restoration
process.  Gil Cunningham shows the code for the top is "222" = ivory.
My father replaced the top in 1973, and the inside ("headliner", as it
might seem) is black canvas.  I was a bit surprised, thinking that a
light buckskin tan would have gone better with the leather seats and the
color of the exposed bow inside the top - probably would also visually
brighten and "open up" the feeling inside the car.  However, the
well-reputed upholstery shop in El Paso, TX reports that not a single
major manufacturer makes the white top with a tan interior; black is the
only interior color available.  I seem to recall that the correct
exterior material is called "pinpoint vinyl", while the interior
material is a tight-weave canvas; can anyone confirm that for me?

Can anyone help with authentication  of what the correct original INSIDE
color should have been for the white exterior top on my Gauguin body?
Secondly, does anyone have good relatively recent (within ten years)
experience with such a manufacturer of  a convertible top for the 300C,
regardless of color?  The shop I am using prefers Robbins.   I have
loaned out and can't immediately access my Gary Goers catalog, or that
would have been the first place I would have looked.  Can anyone
confirm/deny that Gary makes a top for the 300C?

Any comments will be much appreciated!

Ray Melton

Las Cruces, NM

1957 Chrysler 300C  convertible   white/Gauguin

S/N  3N572517

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: