RE: [Chrysler300] Chrysler with a 354 hemi and a 300B dash and wheel

RE: [Chrysler300] Chrysler with a 354 hemi and a 300B dash and wheel

Footnotes:  I graduated from high school in 1956 and charcoal and pink were all the rage for menswear that year.  Grandpa Cunningham’s ’55 DeSoto 2DHT (similar body to the C-300) was pink and white and three-tone pink, black & white Dodge CRL’s represented the top of that line then.  All colors in those years beat the silver found on way too many cars, trucks and SUV’s here in CA, anyhow.

Limiting the colors of 1955 C-300’s to, essentially, red, white and black seemed to work for Chrysler.  I don’t know for sure what the paint color options for B’s were in 1956 but I note two different shades of “red” (Geranium & Regimental) plus Cloud White and Raven Black.  There are probably a few B’s with Special Order colors.  Seems like one or the other red in ’56 was rare and the change or addition of the second color was for some strange reason. (They were not selling??)

The Highlander fabric had a long history at Chrysler and represented a top-of-the line identifier.  Tastes change(d) rapidly.  I can’t imagine “plaid” upholstery now, even if it were the Cunningham tartan.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA