[Chrysler300] tour Gary's garage

Hello all,

Please respond to directly to me re: my up coming open house. Don’t want to bother Bob Merritt.

Thanks,
Gary Nelson
760.751.1958

Hello to all Club Members.

I have been thinking about having an open house on my recently completed 3,000 s.f. shop. Then, Rene & George Ver Berkmoes are hosting the San Diego 300 Club, Inc. meet and thought it would be a good time as some Members will be in the area. Thursday (9/22), is a free afternoon off during the meet. George will post to confirm that day. I am located a short hop (Escondido), north down the 15 freeway from San Diego. Fortunately, travel will be against traffic flow both directions. My wife (Linda), and I would like to welcome anyone that would like to stop by. Linda always puts out plenty of goodies to eat and drink like, ribs, baked beans, cheese crackers, fruit, etc., beer, wine and soft drinks to wash it all down. I would venture to say you could skip dinner.

My Garage: 40’ x 75’ x 16’ 4” ceiling height, 4 motorized rollup doors, 112, 4’ low energy fluorescent bulbs, 4 skylights, media blast room to house 3 blast cabinets with different grits, surface grinder, buffer, 48” belt sander, all connected to centralized dust collector system, 80 gallon compressor with copper air lines throughout shop, mezzanine office built over entry and restroom, pallet racks line 3 walls and a two stage forklift to handle storage bins, 2 post car lift and last, custom built table with a 57 300 hemi engine under glass top.

My cars:

#1, Frame off restoration on a 300C black code coupe. Currently the bare frame with body on dolly legs to maneuver around. Next get the chassis rolling, mount the body back on and go for paint, then rebuild all the components a put it all together.

#2, frame off restoration on 57 Imperial Crown convertible. The chassis is reassembled with body in primer, hemi engine and trans rebuilt all reunited to rolling chassis. Next is paint then final assembly.

#3, 33 Ford Victoria street rod. One of the finest examples of 83 year old body. The only thing that Henry Ford represents is the sheet metal, Body, fenders, hood and grill. The frame is custom boxed buy TCI. Has all stainless Steel independent front suspension, Jaguar rear independent suspension. Motor is Dart 351 c.i. Ford Windsor based block, bored and stroked to 427 c.i. Toped off with Inglese 8 stack electronic fuel injection and a 6 speed electronic transmission behind that. This is my second love, (Linda is first), I can’t wait to have this car complete. Expected to put out 600 hp.

#4, Is my pretty little 1923 Ford Roadster with a 57 300C motor (a real one). That is a competed car I started building in 1957. I am a Street Rodder at heart.

Any and all are WELCOME, shoot me email or call to let me know if you can make it so I can get head count. Bring your spouses, girl friends and others. Some can car pool.

Thanks to all, 300ly

Gary Nelson

AKA, Gary The Parts Doc

760. 751.1958