Re: [Chrysler300] 235/75R/15 Tires

According to the Cooper Tire internet site, there are several sizes of the Trendsetter still made in whitewall, including the P235/75R15. You might check the site for a dealer near you or just have your dealer double check. Ditto the Mastercraft AS-IV and several other Trendsetter clones made by Cooper. Just make sure the date code is fresh as there are not that many whitewalls sold.

Having said that, a more direct answer to your question about the Hankook, I like them and have had no issues with them in the P215/75R14, P225/75R15 or P235/75R15 narrow whitewall sizes. The P235/75R15 Hankook Optimo H724 are also extra load (XL = 108S = 2183 lb) vs most others including the Cooper which are 105S = 2028 lb rating. At a given pressure, load ratings are same, but you can run the XL tires at higher pressure if needed.

The H724 are slightly taller but my recollection is the Coopers and Mastercrafts tend to run on the small side compared to older tire specifications. The P235/75R15 H724 shows at 28.9 in OD with 9.3 Section Width and 5.8 Tread Width on a 6.5 inch rim. The Cooper Trendsetter SE shows 28.65 in OD with 9.1 Section Width and 5.9 Tread Width on 6.5 inch rim.

Don't know how much of a hurry you are in, but best prices I have found are Discount Tire on eBay - they generally have a $50 to $100 rebate and free shipping around holidays, but even without sale, they are comparable to Amazon.com and cheaper than dealers. This assumes you can get mounted locally.

The Hankooks I have gotten from both Amazon and Discount Tire have been fresh - some made in Korea - others in Indonesia. Best price I have gotten (after rebate) is in $60-70 per tire range - or $80-85 without rebate.

I don't think you will go wrong either way just stay away from the Chinese made tires.

Best, Ed

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985