Re: [Chrysler300] The Future of the Listserver

I would give anything to have a  forum format, along the lines of forwardlook.  I think it would help bring in a younger generation to the group as well.
On Sep 29, 2016, at 12:34 PM, kmaniak@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would agree that a more sophisticated forum set up the Desoto and ForwardLook group have would be useful.  I also belong to another car club with a similar style forum that can be viewed as an example at www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org .  Using the exampled forum format is conducive to storing and searching archives without people asking the same question over and over again. Plus, you can attach pictures.

My two cents...

Chris the K MANIAC

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Ron Waters' ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: chrysler300 <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 5:39 am
Subject: [Chrysler300] The Future of the Listserver

All -

Since our listserver is hosted by Yahoo, and since Yahoo is being chopped up and sold for parts, I was wondering whether it might be wise to explore other avenues. It's a fairly likely scenario that Yahoogroups will be shut down since it's regarded as a relic and probably doesn't make any money.

One idea is to set up a forum like the Desoto Club (http://www.desoto.org/phpbbforum) has, which is hosted on GoDaddy. Similar to that is the Forward Look website (www.forwardlook.net/forums/category-view.asp), which is a bit more elaborate. The club already has a facebook page, but that is not suitable for the communication and exchange of ideas that we have here.

Any thoughts ?

Ron