[Chrysler300] Re: 1962 Rear Axle

I have a 74 Imperial and I would not do that swap as the rear brake rotors are now un-obtainable. The last set of NOS rotors that I found at Carlisle were already sold for 800 each, no one reproduces that style rotor, and nothing retrofits. The rear parking brake parts (inside the rotor) are also extremely rare. It was a two year only rear brake set up that was used only on the Imperials, and not the NY’ers. Funny as the rear calipers, pads, and tiny brake hoses are easy to purchase. The 4 wheel disk system uses a special proportioning valve, master cylinder, and booster as Chrysler made it such that one cannot bolt in a disk/drum master cylinder, or booster, in place of the disk/disk. People who have replaced the disk rear end, with a drum rear because of bad rotors, have had to change the master/booster and proportioning valve out of a NY’er as the brakes did not work correctly.

Jamie Hyde

585-465-0067 cell/text

Posted by: Jamie Hyde <Jamie.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>