Re: [Chrysler300] Ram Car Torqueflite Specs

The 63 and 64 Ram cars would have a different governor weight, so the part number would be different. I’m pretty sure they would have  had a 5 plate direct clutch, and a 4 plate forward clutch, just like the Hemi and Max Wedge cars. Most big block cars had a 4 plate forward, while lesser cars had three.
Don

Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Ram Car Torqueflite Specs

With respect to the J, the TorqueFlite transmission assembly was the same as the 426 Dodge/Plymouth cars, part number 2408007, later superseded by part number 2464426.

1964 ram cars had a different transmission number than the non-ram cars, but the ’64 experts can comment on that.

Carl Bilter
J consultant