RE: [Chrysler300] 300H dual quad linkage

Rich, I think that is a misprint in the K supplement manual.  They meant to say that the 4spd manual was optional on the Firepower 360 engine.

Carl

From: 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 3:42 PM
To: 'Val Jeffers'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300H dual quad linkage

Yes.  The four-speed manual transmission  was originally an option on all 300’s except the 300K’s with the 390 HP dual-quad engine (http://www.jholst.net/tech-manual/option-price.pdf).  Later (?) made available on K’s with the 390 HP dual-quad engine, also.  http://www.jholst.net/64-supplement/supplement.pdf           ; (Pages 51 & 52).  Spec’s call for the same differential ratio of 3.23.  I don’t recall how much horsepower was lost in the torque converter, but the manual transmission should have put more power to the road and achieved somewhat better fuel economy.

Happy New Year to all,

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA