Re: [Chrysler300] A/C conversion marking

Re: [Chrysler300] A/C conversion marking

A Refrigeration Certification and an EPA form is required to purchase from a distributor.  It appears Internet sellers don't require anything more than payment.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM, paul paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1/19/2017 1:44 PM, Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

> Keith, AI looked into what it took to receive R12 from a shipper, and
> the forms didn’t seem that hard to do. Mike Moore

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Keith Boonstra kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [Chrysler300]
> <Chrysler300-noreply@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Chrysler300-noreply@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>

> I stocked up on R12 back in the day when it was still legal for
> anybody to buy, and that's been pretty helpful over the years in
> being able to stay with the old stuff - which is both colder and
> doesn't have as great a tendency to leak with its smaller molecules.
> I have enough that I don't think even my great-grandchildren will run
> out.

> I note that Ebay still has a lot of sources that run about $20 a
> pound, so you can actually fill an entire system for less than $100.
> Of course you'll have to buy it through your local friendly licensed
> refrigeration guy, but that's not too hard to do if you offer to
> front the money for him.

> Keith Boonstra

Seems I recall that in order to deal in R12 some form of official
paperwork was real handy to have. AND anyone could find the test to
take to get certification online. Humm it also amounted to an 'open
book' test. Folks at that time shouldn't have had any problems
getting 'certified'

I believe that also allowed any 'certified tech' to handle R12 products.

--
Paul Holmgren
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes...

--
Marshall Larson

Posted by: Marshall Larson <granitledge@xxxxxxxxx>