Re: [Chrysler300] Upshift RPM CI Torqueflite

Re: [Chrysler300] Upshift RPM CI Torqueflite

Wait. What? The weights are lighter for the 300 TF? My TF (a NYer 1733227) was "brought to 300 specs" many years ago. I wonder if they missed installing the lighter weights as would normally be found in the 300 (1854123) TF. So I might have been getting the lower NYer upshift points all along, and that was the source of my perceived low revs. I'll ask Don to check out that possibility while he has the tail housing open.

And speaking of poor instruments like tachs, how about the C speedometer. That was a stranger goof-up yet. The numbers on the speedo face don't have any relationship to the hash marks behind them, leaving your actual speed to be a guess - unless you use a GPS. Now on top of that, my radial tires have enough of an undersized circumference that my indicated speed (and thus my odo too) is somewhere around 10% higher than my GPS number.

Keith