RE: [Chrysler300] 300-K air cleaner

Noisy one is small, so you can hear the 4bbls kick in!!

Quiet one IS HUGE!!

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 8:43 PM
To: 'John'; 'Chrysler 300 List'
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300-K air cleaner

Nice car with good pictures of the air cleaner.  I see that the big hose takes air from the cover of the air cleaner (after it has gone through the filter?—I have seen air-cleaners with a small filter pad mounted on the inside of the cover  to filter the air going to the Positive Crankcase Ventilation system.  Is that what we have here?) into the LHS rocker-arm cover, thence through the block and out the other RHS rocker-arm cover via the PCV valve and into the carb throttle body.  In addition to previous observations in the 1964 Parts Catalog, I see an additional listing for COVER, Air Cleaner on the next page.  Cover for 361 to 413 w/Silenced air cleaner  2463952.    Again, the only one listed.  Perhaps they are all the same.

Displaying my ignorance—what is the difference between silenced and unsilenced air cleaners?  External?  Internal?  The Parts Catalog lists different filters for each.

Rich Barber

Brentwood CA