Re: [Chrysler300] 57-59 technical questions

Re: [Chrysler300] 57-59 technical questions

I have several question related to my 57 and 58 300s. ,

1.    I have usually tried to replace my group 27 battery with MoPar brand batteries.  I have been very pleased with long life and I like the appearance of the MoPar brand.  Also my local Chrysler dealer provides an extremely reasonable price of $94 plus core.  So that said I purchased two of them this year.  Yesterday I discovered that the frame for securing the battery does not fit.  They have added a flange near the top and unless I grind this down and trim the corners it will not fit.  Wonder if others have had to deal with a similar fit issue. I am not crazy about having to shave the case to fit an original frame.

2.  Has anyone had to open up a 57 or 58 power window motor?.  I have a quarter window motor that is so tight the power load is excessive. I can barely turn it with my hand. It is not the sector worm which turns freely; the motor is bound.   My question is if I open up the motor will the brushes fall in and prohibit normal reassembly without some type of assembly fixture.  Perhaps some one has a motor for sale?? I have reviewed Merle Wolfer's excellent DVD on his restoration and have discovered that two different suppliers of quarter window regulators provided unique motors and regulator frames.  Who would have thought??

3.  I am completing the assembly of my 58 and the stainless roof rail trim pieces and weather seal carrier screw to the body beneath the drip rail.  I do not see any type of sealing tape between the stainless and the body but feel something should be there. Also I see no telltale from original.   I am reusing my original seals because I am not too pleased with the replacement seals which are two pieces un-flocked unlike the original one piece molded seal with a changing section at the B-pillar. If any one has any comments on how they dealt with weather seal replacement and the provision of flocking I would sure appreciate it.  Also do you recall a sealing tape of some kind? Perhaps if your car is apart you can look at your seal carrier and stainless to see if any type of sealer was used.
Thanks to all for your help.
Marv Raguse

Posted by: mjraguse@xxxxxxx