Perhaps it might be normal. I thought the stop / bumper was there to prevent the rattling. On my other Mopars they rattled if the stop was not there. Perhaps it rusted and fell off. My heat riser in my 300 sport is functioning properly and it's quiet. There is also a second spring on the heat risers.
Not sure why they would Rattle on a new car.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Charlie V cv300g@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
<Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe that the rattling of the heat riser is because the stop is worn away.

STOP P.N. 683057 Small flat steel piece with a hole and a piece of, what looks like asbestos wrapped around the other end. Acts like a bumper for when the Heat Riser returns to rest against the stop shaft.

Charlie Valentine
On Mon, 4/17/17, John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G Heat Riser parts
To: dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michael Van der veen" <michaelvanderveen8@xxxxxxxxx>, cv300g@xxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 17, 2017, 6:06 PM

Yes but
choke pull off action is 100 % dependent on heat riser
working right , on both sides ,A characteristic of ram
cars to me is the sound of both heat valves rattling at idle
when brand new ., I remember 383 plymouth ram in station
wagon , 3 speed stick  , really fast  car , ( despite ugly
beyond belief) ; sound of that part of it , you could tell
ram without opening hood, Also mass state trooper 62 wagons
, same thing . How I know that best left to history

Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 17,
2017, at 5:47 PM, <dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

He is not talking about choke parts. The heat riser
parts are what is in
question. In my opinion, it does not matter if they don’t
unwind at exactly the
same time. It would be impossible anyway, as the manifolds
are not the exact
same temperature. On the choke issue, if the choke pull-off
is doing it’s job,
the engine will run smooth while the chokes are moving to
fully open.
Don