From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Noel Hastalis cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:41 AM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 2017 MSRA report

Hello Group -

Cruised up to St Paul in the F this past Friday, to again experience MSRA’s huge Back to the 50s happening at the 360-acre St Paul Fairgrounds. MSRA (Minnesota Street Rod Ass’n) has been running this event for 44 years – this year 11,680 vehicles registered – all vintage 1964 and earlier – no 1964½ Pony Cars – but yes to 1964 Cudas . 3 days of inhaling great exhaust fumes. Weather was unseasonably chilly and breezy with intermittent rain. One of my buddies flew into Chicago from San Clemente to cruise up with me – 3rd time he’s joined me there, and he prefers it over Woodward. He just shakes his head and smiles with all the attention the F draws there. About 850 miles all in - the F ran great all weekend.

Reconnected with 300 family – Sharon and Denny Gerber had their Tango Red C-300 there on Friday and Saturday, that had joined us at Elkhart Lake last Fall. Randy Guyer was there but left his black F ragtop and black C coupe at home, that we also admired at Elkhart Lake. He just displayed his red ’59 NYer coupe. I reconnected with a soon-to-be 300 Club Member, Larry Casey, with his recently purchased sweet Air Force Blue 300-D coupe. I had met Larry there two years ago when he brought his beautiful white over pink ’57 Windsor coupe. And of course visited with Mike Meier, cruising the show in his pink ’59 DeSoto sedan. Sunday afternoon, I also saw a Cloud White 300-B from a distance – a little worn, but still looking good, in spite of being fitted with some non-Chrysler issue aluminum wheels.

Saturday morning we staged early to get a good parking spot – 5:45 for gates opening at 6:00 a.m. Shortly after parking, a fellow stopped by to admire the F – turns out it’s Bob Jasinski’s brother-in-law Mike, who brought his concours ’62 Dodge 330 Max Wedge sedan. Mike shared some photos of his visiting Bob for the presentation of Bob’s black G coupe to Jay Leno. I’m sure most of us have seen the Jay Leno’s Garage video of Leno driving what was formerly Bob’s 300-G.

A great time was had by all of us there!

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

F Coupe

Posted by: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>