The man who examined and rebuilt the heads (new hardened valve seats) had some comments about 413s in motor homes which he saw a lot of. We picked up the heads early the next morning,  paid our $400 bill, went by the Chrysler dealer to get two cans of engine paint and installed wet heads that day. We started up late in the afternoon, gratefully took the Dorns to a steak dinner and departed at sunrise the next morning.
I do remember the motorhome 413s being discussed. My sense was that the watercooling was better but didn;t solve the problem in all cases.
  Mike Moore

On Aug 2, 2017, at 11:54 AM, 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

He means , I think , that motor home heads have special water jets, and head gaskets,  possibly block holes  etc around exhaust valves to locally cool that area better . Got too hot locally on long pull up a hill in a truck or motorhome= detonation. . Of course --all v8 are water cooled heads! But as pointed out , this would not have  high performance heads or pistons anyway ; low RPM, low compression . Truck stuff. So ?? would use older 300 heads 10;1 pistons etc. but using this block, I would check old head gasket on block face be sure water holes are there or put them there for old head gasket water patterns. Compare the two block tops. And to be sure head fits it ok. There is info on this , out there, I do not know all the details. Industrial blocks probably the same cooling.

Might put Edelbrock heads on it. Depends on goals.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 1:45 PM
To: Michael Hisspartner
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 413" engine.

Are 300H heads watercooled? (I had assumed they were).

Mike Moore

3ooH

On Aug 2, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Michael Hisspartner michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ivan, industrial engine.  J413th = 1973 413 CID  1016 = Date
 Consider  low compression here, most likely heads are water cooled.
Thanks Michael Sweden

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Posted by: Michael Moore <mmoore8425@xxxxxxx>