From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:56 PM
To: Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Michael Ashmore <michael.ashmore@xxxxxxx>; Chrysler 300 Club Int. Server <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 61 300G

Les Fairbanks hub puller is a jewel. I know folks who have replaced the rear axle to get rid of the tapered hubs, The Fairbanks puller makes it so easy it just is not a problem.

If you are working in that area, I have to share this:

I was having a hard time after the drum was off the axle removing the axle from the axle housing,

Someone suggested I place the drum back on the axle after I removed the backing plate, shoes etc , then put a washer and the axle nut back and use the drum as a slide hammer. It worked, but it took such force that it forced the nut past the threads-stripped off the threads on the nut and the axle . I had to get two new axles. I don’t know what the answer is, but that wasn’t it.  I did something wrong,

 Mike Moore

300H