RE: [Chrysler300] 300C hubcap fitting

Hello Marshall

>From other emails I received it appears that some hubcaps of various makes
and models did come with a gap and no one has definitively shown this was a
problem.

Thinking more on the Australian wheels, I now think the 6 1/2? sports rims
came out first (in ?71) and were replaced in later years by the 6? which
allowed them to be optioned on the standard 185 tyre.  That?s why the 6 ½?
rims are harder to find.  A 7? mag wheel was available for wider tyres.  If
the two sports rim sizes were never available at the same time there may
well have been a design change in the rim profile, explaining the difference
I found.  Looking through my spares, I have found trim rings used with these
rims with two different clip mechanisms that I hadn?t noticed before.
(Neither clip is like the 300C)  Maybe to suit the different rims?  The trim
rings would look wrong if there was a gap as they are supposed to tidy up
the look of the outer rim.

Bearing that in mind, you may want to double check the hubcaps you have were
used at the same time as your rim?s manufacture.

Nice car, by the way!

Regards

Henry