[Chrysler300] Engine stamping 300K

As usual, possible info overload.

Note the format of the stamped data on the engine boss (cleverly hidden under the compressor on an A/C car).

On the Firepower 390 engine (ram-inducted, solid tappets, special cam, dual quads in 1994—optional on the 300K, only):

Top Line:  C300K

Bottom Line:  Full date:  MM-DD-YY  11-6-93 (No leading zeroes on month or day, hyphenated)

On the Firepower 360 engine (hydraulic tappets, special cam & distributor, single-quad, dual exhaust in 1994):

Top Line:  V41 HP        The V is a year code for 1964, the 41 is for the first two digits of the engine displacement (a 413 in this case > 41) and the HP delineates the High Performance 413-standard in the 300K and optional on all other 1964 300’s.

Bottom Line:  Partial date-something like:  MMDD  1106  I’m not sure whether or not the date is hyphenated or whether it might contain leading zeroes for the first nine months or days.  Anyway, different date format from that on the Firepower 390 blocks.

Side note—the standard single 4-barrel 413, standard on New Yorkers, was rated at 340 HP.  Still, a V41 top line with month-day date below.

The stamped dates of the engines are not recorded on the IBM build cards but should precede the SO date on the Data Plate and IBM card.  Otherwise, probably a replacement engine.   Not a ding

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA (A little rain last night-cool and clear today)

1964 Chrysler 300K Convertible, currently powered by a 383 2-bbl, awaiting a club reproduction replacement cam for replacement 300K Ram engine, loaded with Goers black leather, A/C + soup to nuts.