Re: [Chrysler300] Old Car Heaven auction 12/2 in Birmingham, AL

Re: [Chrysler300] Old Car Heaven auction 12/2 in Birmingham, AL

I inspected the cars prior to auction.  The G was a nice car but had sat for a long time.  Hydraulics were leaking from convertible top onto the floor.  They wouldn’t allow you to crank or do much with the cars.  The G sold for 112 all in.  That was below its value, but also the car had sat for a long time without being driven.  New buyer was taking a risk for bugs unknown.  Around 10k in chrome work and that car would be stunning.  I stopped bidding at 100k.  If I didn’t have other G verts, I would have felt comfortable with it at 125k.  Knowing work would have to be done.

Most of the cars were junk and went for a good bit over their value in my opinion.  A lot of driver or worse level cars, combined with lots of sitting = lots of problems.  The results are listed on the proxibid website.  They did have an outage for a little bit and some of those were missed.  The G, in my opinion, was the nicest car there.  The 300E looked like it was painted by a 5 year old, who also did the body work.  If you owned a bodyshop, probably not a bad buy at 29k for an odd ball color car.

Mike