Re: [Chrysler300] Clearing House

The Clearing House was started in the 70s when there was no instantaneous advertising.  It was a service for club members that was as fast as the postman could deliver.  Back then 300s were being crushed because no one knew about them - or learned of their sale until a month or more passed.  Magazine advertising was not cheap either.

With the internet and email, there is no need for the buy/sell activity of a snail mail service.  However, we did end up with quite a lot of historical information about the condition of 300s as filled out on the form.  Naturally we still have those original forms.  They are recorded with the VIN information.  Owners would fill the forms out in detail many times down to the individual dent and rust area.  Some folks sent their form in and declared the car not for sale but happy to be recorded in the club archives.

The Clearing House is an archival function now, but the form is still available.  Should there be enough interest in describing your car by way of words (and scanned photo if you want), we can always ask Andy, the editor to add it to a News-Flite.
A&G Moon