Re: [Chrysler300] Colorful comments

You can all say "Thank you Larry Jett."

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:27 PM, Scooter465@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At least Dodge try’s to buck the tide with their retro high impact colors.

On Challenger and Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 26, 2018, at 7:56 PM, Allan agmoon@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

For what it is worth, we have been told by some, who are supposed to know what they are talking about, that all higher end car companies, at least, are doing this today because of micro management and bean counters.  Some think tank focus group or something told them that black and silver cars are the easiest to sell and have the highest resale value so now all the new car dealers want to their new cars with 3 year leases to be sure that they get them back.  This way the dealer can likely sell the same cars all over again as a CPO (certified pre-owned) and cash in on these nice new profits.  Again, black and silver CPO's sell faster and for more money.  As an aside: Wonder which million dollar study came up with "pre-owned"?  You gotta love it.  So now there are no more  of those bad old "used cars".

Remember when the dealer's maintenance & repair shops along with their used car lots weren't viewed as profit centers; rather as necessary evils to their real business?  The industry was in the business of selling new cars and nothing else.  But today it's all apart of pie charts and micro management.  By the way, you can blame this one on computers too.  They facilitate this kind of thing.  Speaking of the computer industry, it too isn't immune to overlooking real money to be made.  I'm reminded of IBM (the 800 pound gorilla of the day) back in the late 70's and early 80's when the average age of the board of directors was likely 90 something , all wearing dark suits, starched white shirts and whichever tie was proper for the time.  This was the mainframe mentality that said: these new personal computers will never work.  People won't buy them.  They are too expensive and are too hard to use.  Which is why IBM was late getting into the PC market.  BIG mistake!

Our 2 cents worth.