RE: [Chrysler300] wtb 300B solid lower rear quarters and panel below tru

RE: [Chrysler300] wtb 300B solid lower rear quarters and panel below trunklid

Charley:

While you are making repairs in the rear quarters, be sure to consider the likely need to repair the sheet metal that drops off the edges of the trunk floor and joins the rear quarters at the bottom.  Mine were rusted out as water can collect there—but were not repaired by the previous owner when repairs to the lower edges of the rear quarters were done.  There was still an opening to the road at the bottom, but no good way to get to them without slicing off part of the rear quarter panels.  I think repairs were also made at that time to the panel above the bumper that butts up to the trunk lid.  It was not done well and was not real straight.  There is a SS piece that fits there as I recall.  Just some things to discuss with your body man.

Good luck on finding your panels and a great repair.  New patch panels may be available for this common repair area.

Rich Barber

President, Pro Tem

Chrysler 300 Club, Inc.

1801 Redwine Terrace