Advance Auto, NAPA, or other parts stores will also have a spring-loaded toggle switch available.

Keith
-

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve - The switch's job is to control which side of the motor to send juice to. Or not to send juice to the motor at all.

If you bypass the switch, naturally it's going to run. But nobody suggested that you should do that. You need to install a working switch. You can probably find a double toggle switch at Home Depot or electrical supply store. The toggle stays in the center (off position). Press in one direction to activate the up position. Release and it springs back to the center. Press in the other direction and the down position is activated. Release and it springs back to the center. That is what you need.

Ron

From: Steven MacIsaac [mailto:samacisaac@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 7:03 PM
To: Keith Boonstra
Cc: Ron Waters; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 64 300 convertible help

First of all, thank you all for your help and knowledge, it’s been invaluable. I removed the switch, tested the socket to confirm one hot and two (up/down) cold leads. Filled the reservoir, it is on the pump side(passenger side) and there is an access hole in the motor mount bracket. Still not easy to get to, I used and old turkey baster and that worked fine but was slow going. Plugged the motor in w the switch eliminated and the motor STILL RAN!!. Quick check told the red lead from the chassis was indeed hot, although it should not have been. So I’m kinda back to square one. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Steve

Sent from my iPhone