RE: [Chrysler300] J Ram K tires

Did not the ram K’s have 15” rims originally like the J’s did??

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of EMills_ATC millserat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:09 PM
To: Greg; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] J Ram K tires

If you want bias ply tires like 1964 OEM those are reasonable, but not really any different from 8.50-14 or 9.00-14 available from same source. But personally if I had changed to the 15 inch wheels, I would be going with a production grade radial - as opposed to a low volume $pecialty tire made in small batches frequently with old technology.

OE dimensions from BF Goodrich Tire Engineering Data

8.50-14 were approx 28.2 diameter,

9.00-14 approx 28.8,

7.60-15 approx 28.8 - but load capacity same as 8.50-14

You have several good options in current production radials with narrow whitewall. These are actual measured dimensions of several NOS and current radial tires

Size

Brand

Model

Vintage

	Wheel

Pressure

OD Decimal

Section Width

Tread Width

Sidewall Width

8.55-14

Goodyear

Double Eagle

1968

	14x6

32 psi

28.06

8 5/8

5  7/16

n/a

8.85-14

BFGoodrich

HT Silvertown 770

1968

	14x6

32 psi

28.31

8 7/8

5 1/4

  5/8

HR78-14

Michelin

X Radial

1980

	14x6

32 psi

27.50

8 5/8

6 3/8

  5/8

P235/75R14

Coker

Classic

2002

	14x6

32 psi

28.30

8 7/8

6

P225/75R15

Hankook

Optimo H724

Current

Kor/Indon

15x6

32 psi

28.06

8 5/8

5 1/2

  5/8

P225/75R15

Nexen

N'Priz AH5

Current

Korea

15x6

32 psi

28.19

8 3/4

5 5/8

  5/8

P235/75R15

Cooper

Trendsetter SE

Current

Mexico

15x6

32 psi

28.50

8 7/8

6

  3/4

P235/75R15

Nexen

N'Priz AH5

Current

Korea

15x6

32 psi

28.75

9

5 7/8

  5/8

P235/75R15

Hankook

Optimo H724

Current

Kor/Indon

15x6

32 psi

28.75

8 7/8

5 3/4

  5/8

P235/75R15

Toyo

Extensa A/S

Current

Japan

15x6

32 psi

29.00

8 3/4

6 1/4

  3/4

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985