Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

Hello 300’ly to all!
    I installed American Classics on my C  in March, 2012.  I had them mounted on the Stockton 14” wheels that were the result of Tony Rinaldi’s project for the Club with Stockton.  The tires were balanced at initial mounting via the Hunter Road Force system and for what it is worth the tires were inflated with Nitrogen.  Upon backing the C out of the tire shop I immediately sensed a remarkable difference in ride sensation!  I drove the car right away back home on the freeway at speeds to 75 MPH with a new sense of confidence in ride and handling and steering!  The car tracked straight with hands at the 9 & 3:00 position without a new wheel alignment.  Since then I have driven the car at highway speeds between 90 and 105 with complete sense that these tires were meant to be on this vehicle.  This was communicated to me prior to the commitment made to purchase the American Classic tires by Chad Caldwell in Georgia.  He put a set on his D convertible and drove the D with his father-in-law the year before in the Great American Race from Florida to Seattle and thoroughly enjoyed the tire performance.  That sealed the deal for me to buy the American Classics.  Chad then bought my old Coker Classics mounted on my old rims to put on a ‘59 Imperial he had for show purposes only!  Rob Kern

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

The DOT Codes I was given for more recent Coker Classics and I have on an earlier vintage Coker classic both came back made in Mexico but different plants - I don't have specific info in front of me.

The DOT code for American Classic came back from the City named Indiana in the state of Pennsylvania. I have no information that Coker owns American Classic - and I doubt that since American Classic for years were sold by Coker competitors.

I believe these are 2 separate and unrelated tires based on name and plant locations