Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible top Mechanism repair/replacement

Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible top Mechanism repair/replacement

Hi Pete

Sounds like to me that you need more fluid in the reservoir and to bleed the air out.

Easiest way is to remove back seat. I always lift the pump/reservoir off the mounting pad and turn it on its side with the fill plug on the top. Run the convertible top up and down a few times adding fluid as needed. You should notice the top going faster each time.

You'll have to intermittently close the fill plug to keep fluid from spilling out. Put a LARGE towel under the unit. You'll get the hang of it quickly.

Note: Be cautious when lifting the motor unit off the mount. It has four rubber "feet". I always spray them liberally with WD-40 and let them soak a while. Then I use a large screwdriver or pry bar to GENTLY pull up on each foot seperately.

You CAN do the process without removing the motor unit but I find it is easier and less messy this way.

As I said, this is how I do it. Other members will probably have different methods.

Jeff Miklas