[Chrysler300] Removing vibration damper

Hi all:

Well, finally  I loosened and removed the vibration damper on my 300F.  I want to thank the following for giving me suggestions of what to do.

Gloria and Allan Moon - Impact wrench.
 charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Place rope thru spark plug hole to keep piston from attaining TDC.
RB1937ford@xxxxxxx - Use air wrench
Jerry Lindsay - Rent a tool from Auto Zone.

Well I tried a breaker bar, impact wrench and the rope-a-dope in the cylinder but to  no avail.  Apparently my impact wrench is not powerful enough to do the trick nor are my arms strong enough to break the bolt loose.

Last night I decided to try once more but still my arms were not strong enough.  Then the idea came to me to use my feet and legs.  I recalled at the Bell Canyon Association's work-out room there is a device with which you can build up your legs.  I've used it and was able to lift 400 lbs.  So, I put my back against my '66 300 parked next to my F and pushed on the breaker bar with my feet and legs.  SHAAZAM!!  The bolt loosened up with ease.  Now I can proceed with my repairs.

Again, thanks to all who offered solutions to my problem.  Such a gang, such a gang!!

Dan Reitz
Bell Canyon, CA

Posted by: Dan300f <dan300f@xxxxxxx>