RE: [Chrysler300] Re: 62 413 fuel pump push rod

RE: [Chrysler300] Re: 62 413 fuel pump push rod

Hi Nigel,

The same thing happened to me on the way to the 300 club meet in St. Louis several years ago.  One of the club members suggested that the rod was probably too short.  The guy that rebuilt my 413 forgot to replace the rod.  I replaced the rod and the 413 ran strong.  The most I would do is just change the oil.  Make sure you are using the zinc additive in your oil to reduce wear on cam lobes.

I had an electric pump to prime the engine, but I use the mechanical pump to supply fuel to the engine.  The small electric pump only lasted about 5 years and then it recently died.  I plan to replace the electric pump eventually.

Regards,
Mark Lindahl

’63 300 Conv.

P.S. – Another hint that was given to me by a club member.  When taking out the rod, be careful to not allow the rod to fall into the oil pan.