Re: [Chrysler300] 300K-Fire-by-wire

That is great info . I would add it is possible to scrape clean the pins Rich  speaks of near board and the trace .. do very carefully with a small yellow razor knife till bright and  solder pin to trace carefully . Take it easy , 30 watt small TIP . this  will prevent plug from going on all the way by 1/16” but cures a very aggravating problem with intermittent connections at that plug / pins which looks like a radio tube base . It was meant for put in once and leave it . Not on and off —pins on PC Card get loose with wiggling and I believe board shrinks causing loose mechanical fit Rich describes . This also shows up as erratic gas or temp gauges . I also scrape where twist in bulbs / springs touch the pc trace , stretch out springs a bit and tiny dab of silicone grease there— it oxidizes , one or two bulbs go out and then on etc
Of course only practical if board is out . Grounds crucial . Loss  of PC ground causes gauge regulator to put 12 v on gauges burning them out .
Arrgh
John
Sent from my iPhone